Design Works is a landscape architecture construction firm specializing in designing, planning, and building residential landscapes and outdoor living spaces that are priced reasonably within your budget, are of the absolute highest quality, and are constructed efficiently. Our creations begin with your aspirations! We place a high value on collaboration with our clients, as it is the key to defining a vision, understanding needs, creating a beautiful and functional design that is tailored to each client’s unique style and home environment, and building an environment that is sustainable for you to spend time in and thoroughly enjoy for years to come.
Design Works is proud of our ability to deliver the unique combination of design and landscape construction services. From consultation and design, plant and patio installation, to project administration we are there every step of the way, eliminating guesswork and creating successful projects.
At the convenience of our clients we will conduct a meeting on site, free of charge, to gain a thorough understanding of the project intent. With your vision and our expertise, an organized and inspiring plan will begin to take shape.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a client questionnaire will be emailed to you to help evoke ideas prior to our initial consultation.
Assessment will involve collecting detailed data about the physical characteristics of your garden landscape, and/or landscape space. We will gather available site plans of your property and/or complete a site survey to understand site opportunities and constraints. A site assessment assists in making informed decisions and eliminates the need for unnecessary change and costs in the built landscape.
Our designers will take your visions and develop a thoughtful and creative conceptual plan for the specific area of your property. With your feedback, a landscape master plan will be completed. A master plan is an invaluable tool that not only helps clarify your landscape goals but also acts as a guide to efficiently construct outdoor spaces, patios, walkways, walls and plantings in your landscape space.
- A landscape layout and materials plan will depict the location of outdoor spaces and provide detail of materials such as patios, walkways, retaining walls, and pools.
- A landscape planting plan contains a detailed design of all planting beds identified on the conceptual landscape plan. Specific trees, shrubs, perennials and other plant material will be represented. garden patio
- A landscape lighting plan will contain the location and type of lights
- An irrigation plan will detail the layout of all irrigation drips and heads for the planting beds and grass that require irrigation
Our landscape plans are digitally rendered with the use of AutoCAD and Photoshop to aid in communicating a realistic representation of your landscape. Photographs of plant material can be included on the plan. Additionally, professional artist’s hand sketches or digital perspectives, created by the use of SketchUp, may be performed in order to visualize the design in an enhanced medium.
Each component of the landscape plan will be included in a specification sheet that itemizes the material needed along with the square and linear footages of each. A project budget will be available prior to construction.
Your vision begins to take shape as Design Works carefully constructs the components of the landscape plan. With 15+ years of construction experience, we understand that a constructed project goes beyond aesthetics. Whether it’s a garden patio, retaining wall or walkway, we build projects to last throughout the years.
Attention to detail is never overlooked. Your project will be carefully managed by owner, Jim DiNovo, to assure that your project is upheld to the original design intent.
General List of Services
- Landscape Design, including pool and patio layouts
- Stone wall, walkway, and patio installations
- Paver Installations, including products from Techo-Bloc, Belgard Hardscapes, Unilock, and Ideal Block, and other local products.
- Outdoor patio, BBQ’s, outdoor kitchens, fire pits, and pergolas
- Granite Stairs, Edging, pillars, mail posts, and lighting posts
- Paver driveways
- Full-scale tree and garden bed planting services
- Large rock and boulder placement
- Site grading and drainage services
- Landscape low-voltage lighting installation
- Garden ponds, waterfalls, and fountains
- Fencing installations
- Sod installation
- Referrals for irrigation
- Referrals for pool companies (liner and gunnite pools)
At Design Works, we are confident that you will be very satisfied with the result and we look forward to working with you to help increase the enjoyment of your outdoor spaces for many years to come.